5.17.2010

cast away






well, there's no better time to kick off my new blog journey than the day i get a cast put on for the first time ever. i broke my ankle this weekend. i think the reality of what has happened is just beginning to settle in. six weeks with a cast on my leg does not jive with my active lifestyle. i had two trips planned, one to New Mexico and one to Canada, to play in flag football tourneys. they have been cancelled. the new softball team i just started playing with will now be one player shorter. there will be no pool time or lake time til the month of july. it's been really frustrating so far, but in efforts to stay positive i remind myself that it could be a lot worse. a friend's husband's friend got nailed in the head during a softball game and was in really bad shape for awhile. guess this could be preventing that from happening, who knows. in any case, i've got to be proactive in finding other things to keep me busy. like...pool and lake time without getting in the water...watching others play softball and football...and of course scrapbooking. :) no, really i do think this would be a great time to get my thailand/asia scrapbook put together. im already two years behind.
on a different topic, i think there are few things more depressing than watching a roseanne marathon in the middle of the day. but once again i remind myself that at least i still have my brain, my looks:), food in my stomach and friends and family i love.