8.22.2010

'twas the night before...the 1st day of school



The feelings I have the night before the first day back to school have always resembled how I feel the night before Christmas...I mean how I USED to feel the night before Christmas, of course, as a child. Some restlessness coupled with anxieties about what the day will bring are abundant. As much as I am looking forward to it, and to the students actually being there, it's still a bit intimidating knowing that as of tomorrow morning I am back on the unforgiving roller coaster until Friday. However, to ease some of those amusement park fears, I decided to start preparing the night before, things like lunch and outfits. Hopefully, these preparations will lead to a stress-free morning with a prompt arrival at Barbara Bush middle school. Purchasing some mouth-watering fruit and healthy Kashi and Amy's lunches will no doubt aid in a happy, healthy workday. So, in keeping with my goals of being prepared, it's time to lay the cookies out for Santa and let the sugar plums start dancing.